How to apply:
Submit a CV, a short description of research interests and experience, and contact information for three references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal inquiries are welcome.
Postdoc (dry and wet lab)
The research focus will be in the general area of computational biology and regulatory genomics, with a particular focus on computational epigenomics. Selected candidate will be fully engaged in the Epigenome Roadmap Project, conduct independent research and development to integrate and decipher large scale epigenomics datasets of multiple cell types, and investigate epigenetic control of transposable elements and its impact on gene regulation.
- PhD in related fields (physical sciences or biology)
- Strong programming skills, ideally in C or C++ as well as in scripting languages such as perl, python. Experience with statistical techniques and software (R, matlab) and data analysis methods. Should be comfortable in a linux environment, with large data sets, computer clusters, and databases
- Strong quantitative background or computational genomics experiences
- Have good spoken and written communication skills
Bioinformatics Programmer and Analyst (dry lab)
The Wang lab has an opening for a computer scientist to provide software and database development support for our bioinformatics projects. Selected candidate will lead development of epigenome browser (extending the UCSC Genome Browser and Cancer Genomics Browser) and reference epigenome mapping analysis pipeline. Candidate will support for all phases of the software development life cycle including design, application development, testing, and maintenance. Will design and develop approaches to solutions, explore a variety of approaches within established practices and procedures, and recommend improvements to processes as appropriate.
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science, bioinformatics, or a related field, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
- Substantial experience in one or more of the following areas: comparative genomics, bioinformatics, relational databases, Web interfacing to databases, DNA data analysis, developing efficient SQL queries, large-scale information integration, molecular biology.
- Programming expertise in Perl or Python, programming experience with SQL (Oracle, MySQL, or equivalent). Web development, experience with web 2.0 technology.
- Experience developing software in a Linux/UNIX environment.
- Knowledge, background, or experience in molecular biology
Research Specialist (wet lab)
Design, maintain and organize wet laboratory activities. These include: ordering supplies, reagent preparation, overseeing health and safety compliance, and keeping lab running efficiently. Selected candidate will direct most of our wet lab validation of computational predictions, provide technical expertise and support for ongoing student, organize and prioritize tasks for multiple projects.
- BS/MS in Cell and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Bioengineering or a related field
- 2+ years of research experience in a related field
- Excellent organization and management skills
- Extensive experience in cell culture and molecular biology techniques (molecular cloning, in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, qRT-PCR, siRNA, western blot, etc.)